Liver Cleanse Recipe
This is an excellent liver cleanse recipe that I have adapted from about four or five other liver cleanse recipes that I have tried over the years. I have supercharged it with a few extra ingredients, but have put the main, base ingredients in bold to highlight the essentials.
I would recommend doing this over the weekend, and in the morning. It is particularly effective if you have undertaken some light exercise such as walking or jogging prior to the liver cleanse as this helps to get the toxins moving out of the body and invigorates the lymph system.
After the juice I would also recommend some breathing exercises to help the lymph flow on its way!
The Recipe for the Ultimate Liver Cleanse!
- 2 large grapefruits
- 4 lemons
- 300ml of distilled water (or filtered)
- 2 tablespoons of Udo’s Choice (or cold pressed flax oil
- 1 teaspoon of acidophilus
- 1-2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 inches of fresh root ginger
- Optional: a dash of cayenne pepper!
- Squeeze the juice of the grapefruit and lemon into a blender
- Next, grate the garlic and the ginger, and then using a garlic press, squeeze this into the juice
- Now add the water, Udo’s and acidophilus powder and blend for 30 seconds
- Add more ginger/garlic to taste
This juice contains all of the most potent liver cleansing ingredients, and gives your liver a gentle flush and the opportunity to heal itself. There are no side effects to this drink, apart from a bit of garlic-breath for a while. However, the grapefruit removes most of the odour.
I have also been told that this is the most incredible hangover cure in the world – so it might be worth bearing in mind just for that! It contains everything you would need to cure a hangover (vitamin c, omega 3, probiotics, water, ginger) so I can see how it would work!